Superseded by next issuance in 6 hours
Seas given as significant wave height...which is the average height of the highest 1/3 of the waves. Individual waves may be more than twice the significant wave height.
This High Seas Forecast uses 1-minute average winds which may be higher than 10-minute average winds.
South Pacific Equator to 25s between 120w and 160e
Synopsis valid 0600 UTC Dec 05 2013. 24 hour forecast valid 0600 UTC Dec 06 2013. 48 hour forecast valid 0600 UTC Dec 07 2013.
.Synopsis and forecast.
.low 11s150w 1007 mb nearly stationary. Trough from 25s140w to low to 10s170w to 08s177w nearly stationary. Scattered moderate tstms within 450 nm E of trough E of 150w. Isolated moderate tstms elsewhere within 180 nm of low and trough. .24 hour forecast low dissipated. Trough from 25s140w to 10s166w. .48 hour forecast trough from 25s141w to 10s158w to 13s176w.
.weakening front 25s174e to 21s171e to 13s161e nearly stationary. Isolated moderate tstms within 120 nm of front. .24 hour forecast front dissipated. Trough from 25s174e to 20s170e. .48 hour forecast trough from 25s174e to 14s167e.
.trough from 07s160e to 11s168e to 17s173e to 23s175e moving SW slowly. Scattered moderate tstms from 07s to 13s W of 176e. .24 hour forecast trough from 10s160e to 16s172e. .48 hour forecast trough merged with the second feature described above.
.24 hour forecast front through 25s160e moving E 25 kt. .48 hour forecast front weakened to a trough and merged with the second feature described above.
.Ridge from 25s166e to 23s160e moving N slowly.
.ridge from 24s126w to 17s133w to 10s141w to 06s151w moving SW slowly.
.Winds 20 kt or less over entire forecast area.
.seas 8 to 10 ft S of a line from 25s145w to 21s160w to 25s172w. .24 hour forecast seas 8 to 10 ft S of a line from 25s130w to 18s135w to 21s149w to 16s160w to 20s173w. .48 hour forecast seas 8 to 10 ft S of a line from 25s122w to 17s128w to 23s142w to 15s167w. Seas 8 to 9 ft from 16s to 22s between 167w and 174w.
.Otherwise seas 8 ft or less.
.isolated moderate tstms within 60 nm of 17s179e...12s177w and 14s170w.
- Pacific north of 30N and east of a line from the Bering Strait to 50N 160E
- East Pacific from the equator to 30N east of 140W (Mexico)
- South Pacific from the equator to 18.5S east of 120W (Peru)
- North Pacific equator to 30N between 140W and 160E, including Hawaii
- South Pacific from the equator to 25S between 120W and 160E, including Fiji
- Northeastern Australian waters
- Northwestern Australian waters
- Southeastern Australian waters
- Western Australian waters
- 25S to 40S and 150E/Australian coast to 170W
- 40S to 55S and 150E to 170W
- 25S to 55S and 170W to 120W
- Australian Bereau of Meteorology's marine weather page
|No Stations Reporting|
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|TAO Buoy Adrift||51542|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
NOT FOR NAVIGATION. DO NOT RELY ON THIS DATA FOR DECISIONS THAT CAN RESULT IN HARM TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING.