Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:14 PM AKDT on March 09, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory for blowing snow in effect from 1 am
to 5 PM akdt Monday west of Sand Point...
The National Weather Service in Anchorage has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for blowing snow... which is in effect
from 1 am to 5 PM akdt Monday west of Sand Point.
The blizzard watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... west of Sand Point.
* Snow... up to 2 inches today and another 2 inches on Monday.
* Visibility... reduced below one half mile at times.
* Wind... northeast wind 20 to 35 mph.
* Timing... snow and blowing snow will begin this evening... with
strongest wind and lowest visibilities developing by midnight
and continuing into Monday afternoon.
* Impacts... reduced visibilities in snow and blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory for blowing snow means that visibilities
will be limited due to strong winds blowing snow around. Use
caution when traveling... especially in open areas.
Nearby Radar Stations