... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST Monday...
* winds... east to northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts 55 to 65 mph.
Locally higher gusts will be possible.
* Timing... winds increasing through this evening... peaking early
Monday morning... then weakening into Tuesday.
* Location... along the coastal mountain slopes and foothills and
below favored passes and canyons.
* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing dust.
* Impacts... strong cross winds will be a potential hazard for high
profile vehicles. Broken tree limbs and other unsecured yard and
construction site debris may be blown about and impede traffic
* Outlook... winds will weaken below high wind criteria late Monday
afternoon... however advisory strength winds may continue in some
areas through Tuesday morning.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riverside County Mountains-Including The San Jacinto Ranger District Of The San Bernardino National Forest Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 12:56 PM PST Feb. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service