...High Wind Warning remains in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to noon PST Wednesday...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to noon PST Wednesday.
* Change since previous issuance...the trend of the past 24 hours is for the winds to be not quite as strong as previously expected.
* Winds...northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. Gusts to 65 mph for late tonight into Tuesday morning.
* Location...along the coastal slopes of the Riverside County mountains...near the Banning pass...and in the mountains and inland valleys of San Diego County.
* Timing...winds strongest each morning with the strongest winds late tonight into Tuesday morning.
* Impacts...broken tree limbs...debris on roadways...isolated power outages possible...minor structural damage possible with the strongest gusts.
* Outlook...weaker but gusty east to northeast winds will continue for late Wednesday into Thanksgiving morning.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Current wind gust reports on the web: http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/sgx/gmap/index.Php
Max daily wind gust reports on the web: http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/sgx/kml/wind.Php?Wfo=sgx