...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 PM Friday to 2 PM PDT Saturday above 6500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory above 6500 feet remains in effect from 11 PM Friday to 2 PM PDT Saturday.
* Elevation...above 6500 feet.
* Snow levels...near 7000 ft Friday night...lowering to 6000 ft by late Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations...1 to 2 inches between 6500-7500 ft. 3 to 5 inches above 7500 ft. Higher amounts will be possible on mountain peaks.
* Timing...late Friday evening through Saturday afternoon.
* Locations include: Baldwin Lake...Big Bear City...Big Bear Lake...Fawnskin...Mt San Jacinto State Park.
* Winds...west to southwest 25 to 35 mph...with gusts to 55 mph. Local gusts to 65 mph possible in wind prone areas.
* Visibility...reduced to 1 mile or less at times in snow... blowing snow...and fog.
* Impacts...travel will be hazardous at higher elevations of the mountains due to snow on roadways and poor visibility. Chains may be required in some areas.
* Outlook...conditions will improve Sunday as high pressure builds aloft.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.