Tulare County Mountains
Statement as of 3:25 AM PST on December 19, 2013
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 10 am this morning to
4 am PST Friday above 5000 feet...
A Wind Advisory above 5000 feet remains in effect from 10 am this
morning to 4 am PST Friday for the higher elevations of the
southern Sierra Nevada.
* Winds: gusts up to 55 mph... mainly through favorably oriented
passes and canyons.
* Timing: winds will increase Thursday afternoon with the
strongest winds Thursday evening as the winds turn easterly
and align with the passes and canyons.
* Locations include: Camp Nelson... Giant Forest... Lodgepole...
* Impacts: gusty winds and blowing and drifting snow could make
travel into the southern Sierra Nevada difficult at times.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Wind Advisory means that gusts of 45 mph or more are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Nearby Radar Stations