...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 11 am PDT Saturday...
* locations include...Sequoia National Park including Lodgepole and the generals Highway above 7000 feet.
* Snow amounts and levels...2 to 6 inches above 7000 feet.
* Winds...west 15 to 30 mph gusting to 40 mph.
* Timing...snow will begin this evening and continue through the overnight hours. Accumulating snowfall will end late Saturday morning.
* Impacts...this is the first significant snow expected for the season. The weather will transition from relatively warm and dry to cold and snowy very quickly this evening. Anyone with outdoor plans in the mountains should plan ahead for adverse weather conditions. This may include delaying travel plans.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.