...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 am Sunday to 11 PM MST Monday...
* location...the lower slopes of lake and western Chaffee counties from 11000 down to 9000 feet...including Leadville and Granite.
* Cause and timing...a strong Pacific jet stream will bring periods of heavy...wind driven snow to the region Sunday into Monday evening.
* Snow accumulation...8 to 12 inches.
* Wind...northwest 15 to 30 mph producing areas of blowing and drifting snow and near zero visibility at times.
* Impact...travel will be hazardous due to blowing and drifting snow...poor visibilities...and icy...snow covered roads.
If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the time of the advisory...listen to the latest weather forecast and consider traveling at another time or by another Route.