...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 am to 7 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for light snow accumulations and black ice potential...which is in effect from 4 am to 7 PM EST Monday.
* Locations...mainly the higher elevations along and north of a line from Summerville to Jasper to Dawsonville and Cleveland.
* Hazard types...light snow accumulations initially and then transitioning to a black ice threat Monday evening.
* Accumulations...areas outside of the higher elevations will only see a trace to quarter inch snow accumulations while areas above 1500 to 2000 ft will see a half and inch to possibly an inch at the highest peaks.
* Timing...late tonight through Monday evening.
* Impacts...light accumulations of snow along with black ice threat late Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.