...Freeze warning in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 9 am EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a freeze warning...which is in effect from midnight EDT tonight to 9 am EST Sunday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.
* Temperatures...widespread sub-freezing temperatures are expected late tonight into Sunday morning...with lows bottoming out in the mid to upper 20s.
* Timing...temperatures will fall below freezing after midnight tonight and remain below freezing until mid morning Sunday morning.
* Impacts...most crops and other sensitive vegetation will likely get killed across most of eastern Kentucky late tonight into Sunday morning...effectively ending the growing season.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
340 am EDT Sat Nov 1 2014
...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT this afternoon...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT this afternoon.
* Timing...rain and snow will continue to fall at elevations below 1500 feet through early this afternoon. Any snow accumulation will be less than a half inch and restricted to grassy areas and elevated surfaces. Mainly snow will be seen across elevations at and above 1500 feet through early this afternoon.
* Accumulations...less than a half inch for elevations below 1500 feet...and one to three inches for elevations at and above 1500 feet.
* Impacts...roadways...especially those along ridge-tops and crossing the higher passes at and above 1500 feet...may become snow covered...slushy or slick...resulting in hazardous travel. Visibilities may be reduced at times to one half of a mile or less during periods of heavier snow and on the ridge-tops. An isolated power outage may also occur...as downed trees will be possible due to the snow accumulating on foliage still left on many trees.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.