... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 10 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... the east slopes of the Berkshires.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along with
a trace to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... beginning as snow late this afternoon and then
transitions to sleet and freezing rain during the overnight
hours before changing to rain toward tomorrow morning.
* Impacts... untreated roads will be snow covered and slippery this
afternoon into evening impacting the commute. Sleet and freezing
rain which is expected to fall overnight Tuesday into Wednesday
will be an issue for the Wednesday morning rush hour. The ice
and liquid water will add significant weight to area roofs.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures
are below freezing... motorists need to be especially careful on
bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Hampden Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:16 AM EST on March 03, 2015