...Lakeshore Flood Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT Saturday...
* Lake Shore flooding...strong onshore wind pushed the water level on Lake Huron up to about 45 inches above chart datum during the early evening...followed by a downward trend to about 40 inches as of 11 PM at Fort Gratiot.
* Timing...the slow downward trend will continue during the night as northerly gales slowly subside.
* Impacts...beach erosion with minor Lakeshore flooding is possible. With recent water levels this event may be comparable to October 30th 2012.
* a Lakeshore Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds will generate flooding of low areas along the Lakeshore.
* Prepare...plan...and stay informed. Visit weather.Gov/Detroit