Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:38 PM EDT on March 10, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Tuesday night through
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Tuesday night
through Wednesday afternoon.
* rain will transition to all snow Tuesday night. The snow will
continue into early Wednesday afternoon and may be heavy at
times Wednesday morning... possibly accumulating at rates of an
inch per hour. Total snowfall of around 6 inches is possible.
The highest accumulations are expected south of a Detroit to
Ann Arbor line.
* Winds will turn to the north Tuesday night and increase during
the day Wednesday. Northerly wind gusts over 30 mph are
possible Wednesday... which could cause some blowing and
drifting of the snow.
* Temperatures will fall through the 20s on Wednesday... while
wind chill readings drop into the single digits.
* roads may become snow covered and very slippery.
* Visibilities will become poor due to both falling and blowing
* a Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed.
Nearby Radar Stations