... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening...
* timing... strongest winds developing mid morning through early
afternoon. Highest wind gusts begin mid to late Sunday morning.
* Weather conditions... sustained northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jackson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 4:41 AM CDT on March 29, 2015
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 5:04 AM CDT on March 29, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from 1 PM CDT this
afternoon through early this evening for very strong wind
moderately low humidity for fire weather zones 257... 301 and
* affected area... fire weather zone 301. Fire weather zone 900.
Fire weather zone 257.
* Wind... northwest winds 25 to 35 mph... with occasional early to
mid afternoon gusts of 45 to 50 mph.
* Humidity... minimum values will be 32 to 40 percent by mid to
late afternoon. A period of light rainfall is expected for
portions of east central South Dakota and southwest Minnesota
mid to late morning... which may impact humidity values.
However... the rainfall amount will likely not be enough to
sustain fuel moisture in dormant fuels by Sunday afternoon given
the projected wind speeds.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.