The Flood Warning continues for
the Pearl River at Jackson
* until further notice.
* At 6:15 PM Saturday the stage was 31.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 28.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue falling.
* Impact... at 32.0 feet... water begins to affect businesses on south
president and south farish streets. Sidney street is flooded.
* Impact... at 31.0 feet... water begins to impact approaches to
additional homes and businesses in the Byram area.
* Impact... at 30.0 feet... water backs up into several creeks and
streams in the Jackson area. Water is under some homes near the
river in the Byram area.
* Impact... at 29.0 feet... farmland in southern Rankin County begins to
flood and water begins to affect home access near the river in the
Flood observed forecast 7 am crest
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue crest time date
Middle Pearl River
Jackson 28 31.5 Sat 06 PM 31.5 31.2 31.0 falling
Lat... Lon 3193 9025 3212 9034 3243 9013 3237 9002
3213 9020 3198 9012
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Hinds Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:34 PM CST Feb. 6, 2016 – National Weather Service