...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday for elevations above 5500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow and blowing snow remains in effect until 5 am MST Monday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will develop over the little belt...big belt...and Elkhorn Mountains toward morning and continue through early Monday. Mountain passes will become snow covered and icy on Sunday through early Monday.
* Snow accumulations: 4 to 8 inches of snow are possible over mountain passes...with up to 20 inches of snow possible over the mountains.
* Winds and visibility: wind gusts of 20 to 30 mph could reduce visibilities below 1/2 mile at times in blowing snow.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass...Bozeman Pass...Targhee Pass...West Yellowstone... Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph Pass...Monida Pass... Kings Hill Pass... Raynolds Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.