...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to midnight MST Wednesday night... ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through Wednesday evening...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow which is in effect from midnight tonight to midnight MST Wednesday night. A Winter Storm Watch has also been issued. This Winter Storm Watch is in effect from late tonight through Wednesday evening.
* Timing and main impact: snow and blowing snow will develop over the region tonight. Periods of heavy snow are expected through Wednesday at higher elevations. Travel will be become difficult at times.
* Snow accumulations: 10 to 18 inches total accumulation at higher elevations with 4 to 8 inches expected at lower elevations.
* Winds and visibility: the combination of falling snow and gusty winds will create widespread blowing snow...with visibility less than one half mile at times.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield...Lewistown...Lewistown Divide...Boulder...Boulder Hill...Elk Park Pass...Homestake pass...Whitehall...Conrad...Cut Bank...Big Hole Pass...Chief Joseph Pass...Dillon...Monida Pass...Ennis...Norris Hill... Raynolds Pass...Twin Bridges
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab:
* to see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the c a N l link on the left:
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.