Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:27 AM EST on March 07, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon EST today...
* locations... the northern mountains and foothills of North
* Hazards... heavy snow and sleet accumulations and possibly light
ice accumulations... along with gusty winds.
* Timing... snow and sleet... mixed with freezing rain is expected
to fall across the warned area.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulations of up to 3
inches... along with around a trace of ice.
* Impacts... slippery roads due to the combination of snow...
sleet... and ice. Gusty winds could lead to downed trees and
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Gusty winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Please report snow and ice accumulations... as well as any damage
to trees or structures... by calling the National Weather Service
toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a message with
your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You
can also Post your report to National Weather Service Greenville
Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report using hashtag nwsgsp.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Nearby Radar Stations