... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening
for the tri-state area...
* affected area... New York City... northeast New Jersey... the lower
Hudson Valley... southern Connecticut... and Long Island.
* Winds... sustained winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts 25 to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity... 20 to 30 percent.
* Timing... through 8 PM this evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread if ignition occurs. A wind shift
is expected by this evening that may create additional hazards
for any ongoing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds... low
relative humidity... and dry fuels will create a significantly
elevated fire growth potential.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Essex Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 11:50 AM EDT on April 18, 2015