... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday evening through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday evening through
* Snow accumulations... several inches to locally near one foot.
* Timing... rain and very high elevation snow Sunday will gradually
change over to snow Sunday night.
* Winds... becoming northeast at 15 to 25 mph Sunday night.
* Snow levels... dropping to 6500 feet by Monday morning with
accumulating snow levels falling to around 7500 feet.
* Local impacts... roads above 8000 feet will become snow packed
and icy. The visibility will drop well below a half mile during
periods of heavy snow.
Remember... a Winter Storm Watch means conditions are favorable
for a hazardous winter weather event in and close to the watch
area. Monitor the latest forecasts at weather.Gov/abq... listen
to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite media outlet.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Raton Ridge/Johnson Mesa Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:02 AM MDT on April 25, 2015