... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 am Sunday to
7 am EST Monday...
* locations... western southern tier.
* Timing... from late tonight through early Monday morning.
* Hazards... snow.
* Accumulations... 2 to 3 inches Sunday and 2 to 3 inches Sunday
night... leading to storm totals of 4 to 6 inches.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 15 mph.
* Visibilities... less than a mile at times.
* Impacts... a steady light snow will result in an extended
period of snow covered roads and reduced visibility.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter
weather is not anticipated.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in
Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting
to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the hashtag
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Allegany Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:42 PM EST on February 28, 2015