...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM EST this evening...
* locations...southern Adirondacks...Mohawk and Schoharie valleys...helderbergs...east central Catskills...greater capital district including The Glens falls area...northern and central Taconics and the Berkshires.
* Hazards...strong and gusty westerly winds.
* Winds...increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...winds steadily increase this morning and will be at their strongest this afternoon and taper off during the evening.
* Impacts...isolated power outages may occur due to damage to tree limbs and power lines. Travel will also be difficult for high profile vehicles. Loose objects may be propelled including Christmas decorations.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.