Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 11:32 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 5 am Saturday to 4 am EST
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 5 am Saturday
to 4 am EST Sunday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... all of central Pennsylvania and the Susquehanna valley.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... possibly changing to sleet or
freezing rain Saturday night across the lower Susquehanna
* Accumulations... 5 to 8 inches of snow.
* Timing... light snow will begin across the region near sunrise
Saturday. Snow fall intensities will increase Saturday afternoon
* Impacts... widespread hazardous travel due to snow covered roads
and reduced visibility can be expected.
* Winds... east 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s... to near 30 in the southeast.
* Visibilities... one to two miles Saturday morning decreasing to
under one mile Saturday afternoon and Saturday night.
Dangerous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use extreme caution if planning to travel. For the latest weather
information... go to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Lenker Manor
- Lower Paxton
- Lower Swatara
- Oberlin Gardens
- Paxtang Manor
- South Hanover
- Union Deposit
- West End
- West Hanover