Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:43 AM EST on December 10, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
* locations... mainly along the Blue Ridge.
* Hazard types... snow and sleet. Beginning as rain with pockets
of freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches...
along with a light glazing of ice in spots.
* Timing... precipitation will begin before daybreak as rain...
freezing rain and sleet and then change change to snow this
morning. The snow will end by mid afternoon.
* Impacts... roads and sidewalks may become snow covered and
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Local Storm Report
12/09/2013 0800 am
1 miles NW of Bent Mountain, Roanoke County.
Freezing rain m0.25 inch, reported by public.
12/09/2013 0300 am
Roanoke, City of Roanoke County.
Freezing rain m0.30 inch, reported by broadcast media.
0.3 inches of ice accumulated since midnight.
Nearby Radar Stations