Statement as of 10:29 AM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
4 am EDT Thursday...
* locations... foothills and Piedmont in Virginia and northwest
* Hazards... strong and gusty winds.
* Winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... late this afternoon into tonight.
* Impacts... trees could be blown down. Sporadic power outages
A Wind Advisory means sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph... or wind
gusts of 46 to 57 mph... are expected. Winds this strong will
likely cause sporadic power outages and can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Unfastened
items such as garbage cans and lawn furniture should be moved
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:34 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
... NOAA Weather Radio test postponed until Friday...
Due to active weather moving into the area the NOAA Weather Radio
test has been push back to Friday. It will be conducted at noon
and will revert back to its normal date and time next week.
Nearby Radar Stations