Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 2:33 PM EST on December 06, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday
morning through Monday morning.
* Precipitation type... snow and sleet will change over to freezing
rain Sunday afternoon. Freezing rain is expected to last until
late Sunday night or Monday morning before changing to rain.
* Accumulations... 1 to 2 inches of snow and sleet and a quarter
inch or more of ice accumulation is possible.
* Timing... snow and sleet are expected to begin Sunday morning. A
changeover to freezing rain is expected midday Sunday and will
continue into the night before changing over to rain late Sunday
night or Monday morning.
* Temperatures... around 30 degrees.
* Winds... light northerly winds.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are probable due to slick
roads and icy conditions Sunday and possibly into Monday.
Increased power outages are possible.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... and ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Baileys Crossroads
- Dunn Loring
- Fairfax Station
- Falls Church
- Fort Belvoir
- Great Falls
- Jefferson Manor
- Mason Neck
- Mount Vernon
- North Springfield
- Oak Hill
- Seven Corners
- Sully Station
- West McLean
- West Springfield