Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:01 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon through
* Locations... Vermont and northern New York.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... 6 to 10 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly early
* Timing... snow will develop late Saturday afternoon and become
heavy at times Saturday night into Sunday morning.
* Impacts... difficult travel due snow and reduced visibilities.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... highs around 20. Lows 4 to 10 above.
* Visibilities... less than 1 mile at times.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Nearby Radar Stations
- East Barre
- East Calais
- East Montpelier
- East Orange
- East Roxbury
- Lower Websterville
- Middlesex Center
- Moretown Common
- North Calais
- North Duxbury
- North Middlesex
- North Montpelier
- Northfield Falls
- South Barre
- South Cabot
- South Duxbury
- South Northfield
- South Woodbury
- Sugarbush Valley
- Waitsfield Common
- Waterbury Center
- West Berlin