...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter Storm Warning for all of Vermont except the Champlain islands and far northern Champlain Valley...until 7 am EST Thursday.
* Locations...all of Vermont except Grand Isle and Franklin counties.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Accumulations...6 to 12 inches of snow. The highest accumulations will be across central and south-central Vermont. Around 6 inches is expected in the Burlington Vermont area.
* Maximum snowfall rate...1 to 2 inches per hour...late this afternoon through late this evening...then lighter rates after midnight.
* Timing...snow will continue moderate to heavy at times through late this evening. Snow will gradually become lighter after midnight and generally end toward daybreak.
* Impacts...travel will be slow due to slick...snow covered roadways and low visibility in falling snow...including during the evening commute. Allow plenty of extra time to travel.
* Winds...north 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures...falling into the mid 20s overnight.
* Visibilities...down to one quarter mile at times.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.