... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT Thursday for
strong wind... low humidity... hot temperatures... high Haines index
and critical lightning...
* affected area... fire weather zone 276. Fire weather zone 280.
Fire weather zone 281. Fire weather zone 282. Fire weather
zone 283. Fire weather zone 285. Fire weather zone 287. Fire
weather zone 289. Fire weather zone 300. Fire weather zone
* Wind... southwest wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph this
afternoon and 40 mph Wednesday afternoon. Stronger gusts
possible in thunderstorms could send out strong outflow winds.
* Humidity... low to mid teens during the afternoons. Some of the
lower basins east of The Divide could see minimum relative
humidities in the single digits this evening. Poor relative
humidity recovery at mid slope overnight.
* Lightning... isolated to widely scattered mixed wet and dry
thunderstorms possible this afternoon south and west.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Natrona County Lower Elevations Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:32 PM MDT on September 01, 2015