This is for both sides of the argument! (by the way, that NOTJFV has become number 43 on my list LOL)
I am a middle of the road kind of guy on GW, however look at all of the bold words below, and this was just one event today with one person.
Yes we should invest in alternate forms of power, but we have not come up with any that can give us what what we currently use. Until that time comes, I am glad to be living in a time when we have all of theses comforts.
I just got done with breakfast!
1. I had 3 eggs which were brought to the store with a Semi-truck, which I cooked with Electricity
2. I had two slices of bread in which the wheat was harvested using a Tractor,which was brought to the bakery with a Semi-truck, which baked the bread using an Electric oven, which was then cut and bagged using Electricity , which was then brought to the store with a Semi-truck
3. I also had some brown and serve sausage which was made from a pig that ate grain that was harvested with a Tractor. The pig was slaughtered and processed, using Electricity, the sausage was cooked (maybe using natural gas), then it was frozen using a freezer which by the way uses Electricity, Then it was packaged using Electricity, and transported to the store with a Semi-truck. Which I heated in the microwave with electricity
4. I also had a glass of milk that came from a cow,that ate grain that was harvested with a Tractor. The milk was pumped out of the cows using electricity, which was then pasteurized using electricity, then packaged using electricity, then kept cold using electricity and finally brought to the store with a Semi-truck
5. I used my car which uses gas to go to the store to get all of the items after I used my car to back and forth to work, so that I would have money to by food and pay for the energy that I am using
PS I am sitting in an air conditioned office using a computer with light while charging my cell phone and listening to the police scanner while sipping a hot cup of coffee --- All of these items also require (d) Oil, gas, electricity just for little old me.