Weather Radar Maps

Des Moines Radar
NEXRAD Station DMX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
J1 65 dBZ 29,000 ft. 43 kg/m² 50% chance 90% chance 1.25 in. 29 knots W (266)
K6 62 dBZ 23,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 40% chance 70% chance 1.00 in. 21 knots W (279)
L6 61 dBZ 27,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 40% chance 90% chance 1.00 in. 16 knots WSW (247)
S2 60 dBZ 42,000 ft. 63 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.50 in. 33 knots WNW (303)
Z6 59 dBZ 26,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 30% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 45 knots W (265)
I7 59 dBZ 25,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 30% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. New Cell
R6 59 dBZ 24,000 ft. 23 kg/m² 20% chance 70% chance 0.75 in. 23 knots NW (316)
V5 58 dBZ 35,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 19 knots WNW (295)
B3 58 dBZ 35,000 ft. 43 kg/m² 20% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 12 knots W (260)
U4 58 dBZ 37,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 21 knots WNW (303)
Z3 58 dBZ 41,000 ft. 43 kg/m² 10% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. 16 knots WNW (286)
X6 58 dBZ 28,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots SW (231)
S6 58 dBZ 45,000 ft. 51 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 16 knots W (273)
Q6 57 dBZ 34,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 20% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 23 knots WSW (246)
E7 57 dBZ 19,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 10% chance 40% chance 0.50 in. 31 knots WNW (288)
G3 57 dBZ 38,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 31 knots W (266)
G6 57 dBZ 26,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 17 knots WNW (282)
L1 56 dBZ 24,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 35 knots NW (307)
J5 56 dBZ 31,000 ft. 36 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 29 knots WNW (295)
R4 56 dBZ 19,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 33 knots W (269)
E5 55 dBZ 22,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots W (276)
S4 55 dBZ 32,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots W (275)
F1 55 dBZ 31,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots W (277)
O5 55 dBZ 19,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots W (269)
G7 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots W (270)
N5 54 dBZ 32,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 31 knots W (268)
F7 54 dBZ 18,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots WNW (301)
D7 53 dBZ 31,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots W (279)
H6 52 dBZ 29,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 27 knots W (266)
K7 51 dBZ 38,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
O6 50 dBZ 22,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots W (268)
V4 50 dBZ 33,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots WNW (285)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail