Weather Radar Maps

Roanoke Radar
NEXRAD Station FCX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
S0 58 dBZ 28,000 ft. 39 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 17 knots SW (234)
H6 58 dBZ 35,000 ft. 39 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots WSW (248)
F8 56 dBZ 24,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots SW (218)
W9 56 dBZ 26,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots SSW (203)
F5 56 dBZ 11,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots S (184)
C9 54 dBZ 20,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots WSW (240)
J6 54 dBZ 20,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots SSW (206)
B1 54 dBZ 15,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots S (179)
M1 54 dBZ 12,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots SW (219)
N8 53 dBZ 20,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
A8 53 dBZ 22,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 33 knots SSW (197)
U3 53 dBZ 14,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots SW (232)
C0 52 dBZ 20,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSW (211)
Q2 52 dBZ 4,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
U4 51 dBZ 11,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots SSW (213)
J1 51 dBZ 13,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
J4 51 dBZ 10,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots SSW (194)
Z9 50 dBZ 15,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots SSW (200)
E2 50 dBZ 15,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots S (183)
V6 49 dBZ 13,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots SE (144)
O8 48 dBZ 20,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots SSW (208)
Y0 48 dBZ 18,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots SE (126)
W0 48 dBZ 12,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSE (162)
T9 48 dBZ 12,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots S (185)
V1 48 dBZ 10,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots SW (235)
E5 48 dBZ 11,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots S (189)
D1 47 dBZ 21,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
A0 47 dBZ 24,000 ft. 11 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
P9 47 dBZ 16,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSW (199)
R4 47 dBZ 13,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots S (169)
C1 47 dBZ 5,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots SSW (204)
D8 46 dBZ 9,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
F0 45 dBZ 11,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
C8 45 dBZ 11,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots SSW (210)
M6 45 dBZ 13,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSE (168)
E0 44 dBZ 11,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots SW (232)
L8 44 dBZ 10,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y8 44 dBZ 12,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
R8 42 dBZ 24,000 ft. 7 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots SSW (202)
Z6 42 dBZ 19,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots S (176)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail