Weather Radar Maps

Norfolk Radar
NEXRAD Station AKQ
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • TDWR
  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
K6 63 dBZ 35,000 ft. 51 kg/m² 60% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 6 knots SE (133)
N2 60 dBZ 26,000 ft. 39 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots WSW (252)
M6 58 dBZ 43,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 54 knots WSW (253)
B4 57 dBZ 31,000 ft. 42 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots WNW (289)
C7 57 dBZ 30,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots WNW (295)
Y8 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots W (272)
K1 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 16 knots W (276)
M4 56 dBZ 20,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
K7 56 dBZ 16,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NNW (339)
A4 54 dBZ 24,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 27 knots W (266)
B2 54 dBZ 30,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 27 knots WSW (256)
P4 54 dBZ 20,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
V1 53 dBZ 23,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots W (279)
L9 53 dBZ 37,000 ft. 34 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 25 knots W (262)
J4 52 dBZ 26,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 12 knots SW (223)
G8 52 dBZ 20,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots W (260)
H3 52 dBZ 8,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots ENE (72)
N3 51 dBZ 31,000 ft. 25 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 39 knots W (280)
W2 50 dBZ 19,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 21 knots WNW (294)
L2 50 dBZ 23,000 ft. 17 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots WSW (258)
N9 50 dBZ 21,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y6 49 dBZ 25,000 ft. 15 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 19 knots NW (306)
H2 49 dBZ 9,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NW (317)
T5 48 dBZ 26,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
S3 48 dBZ 24,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 12 knots WSW (252)
R4 48 dBZ 19,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NW (326)
A0 47 dBZ 27,000 ft. 13 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 14 knots W (275)
O3 47 dBZ 10,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
V8 46 dBZ 29,000 ft. 12 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
C4 44 dBZ 19,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
U1 44 dBZ 17,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
S2 42 dBZ 17,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 33 knots W (261)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail