Weather Radar Maps

Roanoke Radar
NEXRAD Station FCX
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • TDWR
  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
W0 62 dBZ 31,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 40% chance 80% chance 1.00 in. 16 knots NNW (336)
B1 56 dBZ 25,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 12 knots WNW (285)
A0 56 dBZ 22,000 ft. 25 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots NW (324)
G0 52 dBZ 10,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots NW (308)
S0 50 dBZ 31,000 ft. 22 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 12 knots NW (313)
U0 47 dBZ 16,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots WNW (289)
C1 47 dBZ 6,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots W (271)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail