... Winter Storm Warning now in effect until noon akst Sunday...
* snow... 8 to 16 inches storm total accumulation.
* Blowing snow... reducing visibility to one half mile or less at
* Winds... east 15 to 25 mph gusting to 45 mph.
* Timing... snow will continue and will become heavy at times early
this afternoon. The strongest winds and lowest visibility will
occur from late this afternoon through tonight. Conditions will
improve Sunday morning.
* Impacts... visibility may be greatly reduced. Travel and
outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning means one or more significant winter
weather hazards are occurring or expected.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lower Kobuk and Noatak Valleys Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 11:18 AM AKST Feb. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service