... Wind Advisory in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening.
* Winds... west winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts 45 to 55 mph.
* Timing... through this evening.
* Location... mainly north of Lucerne Valley and east of I-15 in
the High Desert, through the San Gorgonio Pass, along the ridges
and desert slopes of the mountains, and locally into the San
Diego County deserts.
* Visibility... visibility locally reduced in blowing dust and
* Impacts... hazardous travel for high profile vehicles. Small
tree limbs may be broken.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Riverside County Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:50 AM PDT Oct. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 5:30 AM PDT Oct. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday morning
through Tuesday afternoon for strong gusty winds and low
* location... Orange County coastal basin, San Diego County coastal
mountain slopes and foothills, and the Riverside County coastal
* Wind... areas of east to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts
30 to 40 mph.
* Humidity... daytime minimums around 10 percent Sunday, then 5 to
10 percent Monday and Tuesday. Poor recovery each night,
especially in the wind prone locations.
* Timing... Sunday morning through Tuesday.
* Outlook... winds should weaken Wednesday with some improvement in
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. A combination of strong winds, low
relative humidity and hot weather can contribute to extreme fire
behavior. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag