... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 am PST
* additional snow accumulations... 10 to 16 inches with up to 2
feet near snowman Summit and in the higher mountains.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph causing some blowing snow.
* Elevation... all areas... but the heaviest snow will occur above
* Timing... snow will be heaviest through this evening... then will
gradually taper off tonight.
* Intensity... snowfall rates could be one to one and a half inches
per hour at times creating local whiteouts through this evening.
* Locations include... Mount Shasta city... McLoud... and
Dunsmuir... including Black Butte Summit Interstate 5 and
snowman Summit on Highway 89.
* Impacts... heavy wet snow could snap tree limbs and down power
lines. Travel will be extremely hazardous with significantly
reduced visibility. Some roads could become impassable.
* if you must travel... keep tire chains... a flashlight...
blankets... food... water... medications... and a fully
charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 1:25 PM PST Jan. 18, 2017 – National Weather Service