... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am Sunday to
4 PM PST Monday...
* timing... another round of heavy snow will begin early Sunday
morning... peak during the day Sunday before gradually tapering off
* Snow level... 4000 to 5000 feet.
* Snow accumulations Sunday through Monday... trace to 6 inches above
4000 feet... 6 to 15 inches above 6000 feet... 1 to 2 feet above
* Winds... south 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 40 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... snowfall will create difficult travel conditions in the
mountains due to slick roads and low visibility. Road restrictions
or closures may be needed. This includes Westgard Pass over the
White Mountains and townes pass in Death Valley National Park.
Check Road conditions before departing and stay up to date on the
latest forecast. Use caution when traveling... be prepared for
snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Death Valley National Park Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:17 AM PST Jan. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Ashford Junction
- Beatty Junction
- Calvada Springs
- Chloride City
- Death Valley
- Death Valley Junction
- Deep Springs
- Devils Golf Course
- Devils Speedway
- Furnace Creek
- Homewood Canyon-Valley Wells
- Indian Village
- Junction Ranch
- Panamint Springs
- Park Village
- Sylvania Mountains
- Teakettle Junction
- Valley Wells