... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Sunday for
gusty winds and low relative humidity...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Sunday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in California... fire weather zone 226 and zone
227. In Nevada... fire weather zone 462... 463... 464... 465 and 466.
* Timing... late Sunday morning through Sunday evening.
* Wind... gusty southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph
are expected to develop during the late morning and persist
through the evening. Wind gusts across parts of the Owens Valley and
Spring Mountains may exceed 50 mph.
* Minimum humidity... 8 to 14 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Death Valley National Park Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:08 PM PDT Sep. 30, 2016 – National Weather Service