... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
6 am MDT Saturday above 9000 feet...
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 10
inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches, are expected.
* Where... Elkhead and park mountains, Gore and Elk
Mountains/Central Mountain valleys and Flat Tops.
* When... from midnight tonight to 6 am MDT Saturday.
* Additional details... plan on difficult travel conditions over
mountain passes. Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Flattops Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:24 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:57 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
this evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather
zones 200 west of Maybell, 202 west of Meeker, 207, 290, 292 and
* affected area... in Colorado, fire weather zone 200 little snake
forecast area west of Maybell, fire weather zone 202 White River
forecast area west of Meeker, fire weather zone 207 southwest
Colorado lower forecast area, fire weather zone 290 Paradox
Valley forecast area, fire weather zone 292 North Fork forecast
area and fire weather zone 294 southwest Colorado upper west
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... 7 to 12 percent.
* Impacts... new fire starts may be difficult or impossible to
control due to fast rates of spread. Outdoor burning is
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.