... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 am Saturday to 6 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 10
am Saturday to 6 PM MST Sunday.
* Locations include the cities of... Columbine... Hahns Peak...
Toponas... Buford... Trappers Lake.
* Timing... snow intensity and coverage will increase by late
morning on Saturday... with periods of moderate to heavy snow
continuing through Sunday.
* Snow accumulation... 10 to 15 inches, with as much as 24 inches in
locally favored areas and the highest elevations.
* Snow level... approximately 6500 feet, but accumulation may be
limited up to 7500 feet through Saturday evening.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph in the highest
* Impacts... expect icy and snowpacked roads... especially over
Rabbit Ears Pass. Areas of blowing snow will reduce visibility
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Flattops Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 8:18 PM MST Dec. 9, 2016 – National Weather Service