... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon
* locations... the mountains of western North Carolina.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... gusty northwest winds will increase through this
evening... maximizing overnight before weakening by noon on
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs... trees... and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Yancey Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:36 PM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Bald Creek
- Bald Mountain
- Bee Log
- Blue Rock
- Bowlens Creek
- Cane River
- Cattail Creek Community
- Day Book
- Double Island
- Elk Shoal
- Green Mountain
- Hawk Branch
- Lost Cove
- Low Gap
- Mount Mitchell (Burnsville)
- Paint Gap
- Price Creek
- Whiteoak Flats