... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 6 PM MDT this
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 6 PM MDT this
* Location... the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Raton ridge, nearby
Highlands, and the upper Rio Grande Valley.
* Winds... southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
* Timing... winds will gradually increase through noon then peak
between 2 PM and 5 PM before tapering off around sunset.
* Visibility... no significant restrictions expected.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will impact travel for large
and high profile vehicles. Light weight objects may be tossed
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Rio Grande Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:52 AM MDT Sep. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service