... High Wind Warning now in effect until 8 am MST Tuesday...
* location... central and south Central Highlands, including Clines
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts 60 mph.
* Timing... winds persist through the afternoon persisting
overnight before gradually decreasing by sunrise Tuesday
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing dust.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. Sudden
cross winds are possible, including along I-25 in Guadalupe
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 11:48 AM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 2:34 PM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
The combination of moderate instability and strong winds are
producing gusty showers, with embedded thunder and lightning over
small areas of northern and central New Mexico. These showers
though will be capable of producing wind gusts of 45 to 55 mph as
well as pea size hail. Rain amounts will be mostly below a tenth
of an inch. Showers will persist through the remainder of the