... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 4 PM PST this
afternoon above 4500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
until 4 PM PST this afternoon.
* Snow accumulations... additional snow accumulations today of 4
to 8 inches are expected.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 25 to 35 mph.
Higher wind gusts are expected above 5500 feet.
* Timing... moderate to briefly heavy snow showers will occur late
this morning through this afternoon.
* Locations include... The Crater and Diamond Lake areas including
portions of highways 62, 138, and 230.
* Impacts... snow showers will result in occasional snowfall rates
of one half to an inch per hour through this afternoon. Blowing
snow will result in drifting on roadways, at times. Snowfall
rates and blowing snow will occasionally reduce visibilities to
less than one half of a mile and could briefly result in
* View the hazard area in detail at
* slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
* Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and
* See weather.Gov/Medford/cams for latest Road conditions.
* A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:57 AM PST Jan. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service