... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through
Sunday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for the
far southern Texas Panhandle... South Plains... and rolling
The National Weather Service in Lubbock has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday
* Timing... a Fire Weather Watch is in effect Sunday afternoon
* Wind... will be from the southwest to west, increasing in the
afternoon into the 25 to 35 mph range, with gusts to around 50
* Humidity... between 5 and 10 percent.
* Fuels... are extremely dry.
* Impacts... any fires that develop can spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is discouraged. Low visibility will be possible due to
dust and smoke.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Monitor later forecasts and possible red
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
King Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 6:23 AM CDT Mar. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service