... High wind watch in effect Thursday afternoon...
* timing... Thursday afternoon.
* Winds... west winds 25 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Reeves County and Upper Trans Pecos Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 12:59 PM MST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 8:01 PM MST Feb. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am CST /10 am MST/
to 8 PM CST /7 PM MST/ Thursday for warm... dry... very windy... and
very high to extreme fire danger for most of the Permian Basin
and trans Pecos area...
* wind... 25 to 45 mph. Higher gusts.
* Temperatures... 15 to 20 degrees above normal.
* Humidity... 8 to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... this is a very dangerous
fire weather situation. Strong winds and very low relative
humidities combined with above normal temperatures will create
weather conditions favorable for the multiple occurrence of large