The Flood Warning continues for
the Pine Island Bayou near Sour Lake.
* Until Monday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:45 PM Saturday the stage was 25.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 25.7 feet by
tomorrow morning. The river will fall below flood stage tomorrow
* Impact... at stages near 25.0 feet... water inundates roads in
lowland areas near the river. Low spots on old Sour Lake Road are
* Impact... at stages near 22.0 feet... river is at bankfull stage.
Lat... Lon 3012 9445 3024 9423 3021 9407 3013 9406 3004 9445
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jefferson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:17 PM CST Dec. 3, 2016 – National Weather Service
Flash Flood Watch
Issued: 3:20 AM CST Dec. 4, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday afternoon...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Allen... Beauregard...
Calcasieu... East Cameron... Jefferson Davis... Rapides... Vernon
and West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Hardin... Jefferson...
northern Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper...
southern Newton and Tyler.
* Through Monday afternoon
* an additional 2 to 5 inches of rainfall is possible in the
watch area through Monday afternoon. Locally higher amounts
* Impacts include dangerous and potentially life threatening
flash flooding as well as elevated levels on area rivers and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Issued: 2:16 AM CST Dec. 4, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Beaumont Port Arthur...
The total rainfall of 6.73 inches on Saturday at Beaumont Port
Arthur yesterday set a new record for the date. The old record
was 3.54 inches set in 2002.