... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 9 am this morning to 6 PM
CST this evening...
* timing... strongest winds will occur between 9 am CST to 6 PM
* Winds... northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Impacts... light and moderate weight items... such as patio
furniture... empty trash cans... and portable basketball
posts... may blow over. High profile or light weight vehicles will
be difficult to drive... especially on bridges or overpasses and
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 to 39 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Inland Cameron Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:47 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 4:28 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Gale Warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
* winds... northwest at 26 to 34 knots with gusts up to 45 knots.
* Seas... 9 to 12 feet nearshore... and 10 to 14 feet offshore.
* Bay conditions... very Rough Bay waters.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occurring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:53 AM CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 9 am this morning to
6 PM CST this evening for strong winds and very low humidity for
fire weather zones 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256,
* affected area... fire weather zones 248, 249, 250, 251, 252,
253, 254, 255, 256, and 257.
* Wind... surface winds northwest 25 to 35 gusting to 45 mph.
20- foot winds northwest 20 to 30 gusting to 40 mph.
* Humidity... decreasing to 10 to 15 percent west of U.S. 77/I-
69e Sunday afternoon... and into the upper teens and lower 20s
east of U.S. 77/I-69e.
* Highest threat... is located across the mid and Upper Valley
early Sunday afternoon when winds and relative humidity
values will be optimized.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended. Avoid contact between hot
objects and grasses... which can burn hot and fast.
A red flag warning means critical fire weather conditions are
occurring now... or will shortly. In general... these conditions
include sustained 20 foot winds of 25 mph or greater... humidity
ranging from below 25 percent in Zapata County to below 45
percent along the coast... each lasting for 2 hours or
longer... and cured fuels. Humidity below 25 percent in most areas
will trigger fire danger at lower wind speeds.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Adams Gardens
- Arroyo Alto
- Arroyo Colorado Estates Colonia
- Arroyo Gardens-La Tina Ranch
- Avondale (Harlingen)
- Bluetown Colonia
- Bluetown-Iglesia Antigua
- Cameron Park
- Cameron Park Colonia
- Chula Vista-Orason
- Colonia Iglesia Antigua
- Del Mar Heights
- El Calaboz
- El Camino Angosto
- Encantada-Ranchito-El Calaboz
- Grand Acres
- Green Valley Farms
- Indian Lake
- La Aura Crossing
- La Feria
- La Feria North
- La Leona
- La Paloma
- La Paloma Junction
- La Penusca
- La Tina
- La Tina Ranch
- Las Palmas II
- Las Palmas-Juarez
- Las Rusias
- Las Yescas
- Los Cuates
- Los Fresnos
- Los Indios
- Monte Grande
- Orason Acres Colonia
- Palm Grove
- Palm Valley
- Port Brownsville
- Port Harlingen
- Rancho Viejo
- Reid Hope King
- Reid Hope King Colonia
- Rio Hondo
- San Benito
- Santa Maria
- Santa Rosa
- South Point
- Tierra Bonita
- Tierra Bonita Colonia
- Villa Cavazos
- Villa del Sol
- Villa Nueva
- Villa Pancho