Lake Effect Snow Advisory
3:42 AM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon
to 6 am EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a lake effect
Snow Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
6 am EST Sunday.
* Locations... Jefferson County... close to the Lakeshore and south
of the city of Watertown.
* Timing... from early this afternoon through late tonight.
* Accumulations... 1 to 2 inches this afternoon and 2 to 4 inches
tonight... leading to storm totals of 3 to 6 inches in the most
persistent lake snows.
* Winds... south 5 mph or less.
* Visibilities... below a half mile at times.
* Impacts... lake effect snow will produce accumulations of snow
on area roadways and poor visibilities at times... resulting in
hazardous travel conditions.
In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. If you will
be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in
Road and visibility conditions.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in
Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting
to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the hashtag