Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
3:29 AM MST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 8 am this morning to 5 PM
MST Monday for elevations above 6000 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 am this
morning to 5 PM MST Monday for elevations below 6000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for elevations above 6000 feet for moderate to heavy
snow... which is in effect from 8 am this morning to 5 PM MST
* Locations... Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph Pass... Dillon...
Monida Pass... Ennis... Norris Hill... Raynolds Pass... Twin
* Snow level... valley floors with moderate to heavy snow above
* Temperatures... 2 to 33 above.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow in the valleys and 4
to 9 inches in the mountains and area mountains passes above
* Timing... snow will develop across the higher elevations by mid
to late morning today... then spread to the valleys this
afternoon and evening. The snow will then taper off on Monday. A
period of moderate to heavy snow is possible... especially late
this afternoon through the evening hours... and possibly
lingering into the early overnight hours.
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snow will create hazardous driving
conditions at times... especially over mountain passes. In
addition... blowing and drifting snow is possible at pass
level... creating significant reductions in visibility.
Significant travel impacts will remain possible through the
Monday morning commute. Those with backcountry interests should
also prepare for winter conditions and elevated avalanche
danger. The snow will be followed by sub zero temperatures
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Hazard elevation... Winter Storm Warning above 6000 feet... Winter
Weather Advisory below 6000 feet.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.