... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 9 am EST Monday...
* locations... near and north of Interstate 80 in northeast
Pennsylvania and northwest New Jersey.
* Hazard types... snow to freezing rain and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Timing... a period of light snow is expected to develop this
afternoon and into the early evening. A break in the snow is
expected early in the evening, before snowfall redevelops and
intensifies later in the evening. A change to to sleet and
freezing rain is expected between 3 am and 6 am... then a change
to rain by 10 am Monday morning.
* Impacts... snow and ice accumulations will create treacherous
driving conditions and produce scattered power outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
by calling our trained spotter line... posting to the NWS Mount
Holly facebook Page... or using twitter @nwsmountholly.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to
experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest
event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter