... Lake effect snow warning in effect from noon Thursday to 4 PM
The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a lake
effect snow warning... which is in effect from noon Thursday to
4 PM EST Saturday.
* Accumulations... snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are
expected along the Lakeshore with 1 to 2 feet south of
Interstate 90 where the snow bands persist.
* Timing... snow will begin near the Erie Pennsylvania Lakeshore on
Thursday and become heavy at times. Snow will spread inland by
Thursday evening. Snow squalls will continue on Friday... tapering
off on Saturday.
* Impacts... lake effect snow and snow squalls will lead to heavy
snow accumulations and very poor visibilities at times. Gusty
winds will produce blowing and drifting snow. Hazardous travel
conditions are expected.
* Winds... west 15 to 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s.
A lake effect snow warning is issued when heavy lake effect snow
is expected or occurring. During lake effect snow... the weather
can vary from bands of locally heavy snow to dry weather just a
few miles away. Visibilities can vary greatly and can drop to
near zero in the heavier lake effect snow bands. If you will be
traveling in the warned area be prepared for rapid changes in
weather... visibility and Road conditions. Local travel
restrictions may be in effect.