... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
4 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain, which is in
effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 4 am EST Monday.
* Locations... portions of eastern Pennsylvania and central New
* Hazard types... snow to freezing rain and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of up to 1 inch... along with
around a trace of ice.
* Timing... a period of light snow is expected to develop this
afternoon and into the early evening. A break in the snow is
expected early in the evening, before snowfall redevelops and
intensifies later in the evening. A change to to sleet and
freezing rain is expected between midnight and 3 am... then a
change to rain by 4 am Monday morning.
* Impacts... ice and snow accumulations may create slippery Road
conditions and produce scattered power outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
by calling our trained spotter line... posting to the NWS Mount
Holly facebook Page... or using twitter @nwsmountholly.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to
experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest
event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter