Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
4:17 AM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Saturday above 5000 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to
10 am PST Saturday above 4000 feet...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from
10 PM this evening to 10 am PST Saturday. A Winter Weather
Advisory has also been issued. This Winter Weather Advisory for
snow and blowing snow is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 10
am PST Saturday.
* Snow accumulations... 11 to 15 inches above 5000 feet and 7 to
11 inches above 4000 feet.
* Winds... west winds 20 to 30 mph.
* Elevation... warning above 5000 feet and advisory above 4000
feet. Snow levels will start above 6000 feet Friday afternoon,
and lower below 4000 feet by late Saturday morning.
* Timing... snow will begin to reach the passes late evening, with
the highest rates around midnight to 5 am. Snowfall rates will
diminish through the morning.
* Locations include... highways 62... 138... 140 and 230.
* Impacts... snow will combine with gusty winds to cause possible
periods of whiteout conditions.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective