... Lake effect snow warning in effect from 10 PM EST /9 PM CST/
this evening to 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake effect
snow warning for heavy lake effect snow... which is in effect from 10
PM EST /9 PM CST/ this evening to 7 am EST /6 am CST/ Saturday. The
lake effect snow watch is no longer in effect.
* lake effect snow is expected to move into the area late this
evening and continue into early Saturday.
* Northwest winds gusting up to 25 mph near Lake Superior will lead
to patchy blowing and drifting snow.
* For tonight and Thursday... expect 4 to 12 inches of snow. A few
more inches of snow is expected to accumulate each day and night
from Thursday night through Friday night... resulting in total
accumulations of 8 to 10 inches... greatest over the higher
terrain near Lake Superior and least inland toward Watersmeet and
* roads will become snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to heavy snow and patchy blowing snow will reduce
* a lake effect snow warning means significant amounts of lake-
effect snow are forecast that will make travel very hazardous or
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT