Blizzard Warning, Winter Storm Warning
3:27 PM CST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning now in effect from 6 PM this evening to
noon CST Tuesday...
... Blizzard Warning in effect from noon to 6 PM CST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Grand Forks has issued a Blizzard
Warning... which is in effect from noon to 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* Timing... expect snow to develop around 6 PM and then diminish
around 6 PM Tuesday. Blizzard conditions will develop on Tuesday
* Precipitation rates... the heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 6 PM this evening and 6am Tuesday.
* Snow accumulations... 10 to 14 inches.
* Winds... winds will increase Tuesday afternoon. Northwest 30 to
40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Visibilities... below a half mile in snow tonight... below a
quarter mile in snow and blowing snow on Tuesday.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible. The latest Road conditions for the
state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded... stay with your vehicle.